Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Minty Clean

Despite the Legos on the floor and the race cars under the couch cushions I’m all for having a clean house. I think it is great to have a deep cleaning from time to time. Get the cobwebs out of the corners, the dust bunnies off bed frames, but until recently I never thought about sink drains.

I try to be a good mom and teach my little ones the value of being healthy, making new friends, and being tidy. I was however, unprepared for my youngest son to take house cleaning so seriously. I was in the middle of cooking lunch, writing a paper for school, and keeping tabs on my youngest children running around the house. As I was busy constructing a meal my little ones would actually eat completely I heard those fateful words, “oooo you are in trouble, MOM!”

As a parent you never really want to hear those words not because you have to give yet another lesson on tattling but because if it is bad enough that the other sibling is not joining in then it has to be really destructive. As I turned off the stove and quickly turned the corner into the hallway I see my middle son standing there and pointing into the bathroom.

With visions of plungers and clogged drains dancing in my head I see my baby proudly scrubbing the sink drain with my toothbrush. He was being so meticulous and wanted to get everything cleaned all the way down so he had put all five of the family toothbrushes down the drain. How do you chastise a two-year-old for helping you clean?

I did what any mother would do, I patted his little head thanked him for helping, told him never to touch the toothbrushes without mommy again and proceeded to call my husband to tell him about his lunchtime plumbing activity for the day.
Good thing Wal-Mart was having a sale on toothbrushes…

No comments:

Post a Comment