Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Puppet Monsters Are Friends

It started out as a joke. You laugh about being stuck in the house all day with only toddlers to converse with and going a little crazy. You tease about assaulting the postman just so you can have five minutes of adult conversation. Then you have dreams about lining up the finger puppets and using different voices so that you have crowd interaction.

And then, it became a reality...I think like a toddler now. Not only do I catch myself counting to 20 as I wash my hands but I also separate all my food so that they aren’t touching each other. Okay, so I did this BEFORE I was a parent but still!
If that wasn’t bad enough my thoughts are now coming in song formation. Not the cool songs you want to buy the latest CD of, oh no, these are the sing song tunes that repeat themselves endlessly and slowly drive you mad. I do have to admit it is more entertaining now that I have images of random fuzzy puppet monsters delivering messages to my brain.

I thought it was just a phase, but now I'm thinking I really should schedule a night out away from the little darlings. Just in case I decide it is perfectly normal to have conversations with random people at the local grocery store about if Big Bird should update the interior styling of his nest this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment